Public Time –
a) The residue mud on Lucas Lane caused by the Wessex Water vehicles while carrying out the water main replacement is causing problems for pedestrians at times.
b) Representations explaining reasons for and against the proposed telephone mast planning application were given.
MINUTES of the COMBE ST.NICHOLAS PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
Held on Monday 23rd January 2017, at 7. 30pm in the Village Hall
PRESENT ; Mr. Rob Grimmond, Mrs. Lynn Osborne, Rev.Deborah Perreau, Mrs.Rosemary Yarrow.
Messrs. Tony Cole, John Gilbert, Jonathan Nex, Tony Sauer, Ian Stonex and John White
Also Martin Wale (District Councillor), 14 members of the public and Mrs.Anne Hunt (Clerk)
Apologies - Nigel Pearson (County Councillor),
74/16-17 NEW COUNCILLOR
Mrs.Diana Hine was welcomed to the meeting as the newly co-opted Councillor. Declaration of acceptance and Register for Interest forms completed.
75/16-17 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Councillors I.Stonex, Mrs.D.Hine and J.Nex declared a personal and prejudicial interest in planning application 16/05354 for the telephone mast with floodlights. Councillor T.Sauer declared a personal interest in planning application 17/00241 Woodbind Cottage, Court Mill Lane.
Councillor Mrs.Hine declared a prejudicial interest in App.16/05530 for Poltimore Farm.
Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on 28th November 2016 were approved as a true record and signed.
77/16 DISTRICT/COUNTY COUNCILLORS REPORT
District Councillor –
a) The District Council is still carrying on with the process to try and save money in the future.
b) The Chard Regeneration scheme contract for the Boden Mill site with the builders runs out shortly. The site will probably revert to the District Council Another supermarket will not be permitted.
c) The Blackdown Hills Partnership `Making It Local` panel has just re-opened for applications – agricultural schemes can apply re future projects.
d) The Planning Officer will be visiting the football club site this week and also checking for any badgers on site, etc.
78/16-17 PLANNING -
• App.16/05354 Shared Access Ltd. Removal of existing 10m floodlight. Erection of 1 x 15m high monopole together with replacement floodlight, 3 antennae, 2 dishes and 4 ground based equipment cabinets at Combe St.Nicholas Football Club, Slades Cross. After full discussion, a vote was taken with 8 Councillors supporting the application, and 1 against. The following points were also to be made to the Planning Officer – The floodlight must be well shrouded and adjusted as necessary so that no lights shine into the adjacent property of Slades Cross Cottage. The tree screening on the plans will take years to have any effect and there is always the possibility of saplings dying. More camouflage needed for height, and to the south, There are masts that can look like trees? Mrs.Hine and Mr.Nex left the meeting during this decision having declared a pecuniary interest.
• App.16/05076 Mr.& Mrs.Ryall, Ashlea,Clayhanger Lane, Cat-tail. Garden room to south elevation. No objections.
• App.16/05322 Mr.& Mrs.Burrough, Barleymows Farm Shop. Erection of single storey extension to farm shop. No objections
• App.16/04810 Mr.J.Crofts, Pudleigh Corner, Pudleigh Lane, Chardleigh Green. More Details re vehicular access and parking/turning area. No objections
• App.16/05530 Mr.& Mrs.M.Hine, re Poltimore Farm. Demolition of 2 agricultural buildings and erection of 1 single storey dwelling and associated access (resubmission) . No objections
Mrs.Hine had declared an interest and took no part in this decision
• App.16/05478 Mr.G.Pearce, Land adjacent to 1 Combewood Cottages, Combe Wood. Erection of 1 dwellinghouse and associated parking. No objection
• App.17/00241 Ms Sally Ellison, Woodbind Cottage, Court Mill Lane, Wadeford. Erection of 2-storey front extension. No objections.
79/16-17 THE LAWNS PLAYGROUND EQUIPMENT
Quarterly inspection sheet received. Motorised water-jet needed to clean algae off the safety surfacing and a small group of volunteers would be very helpful.
a) The alterations to the top junction of Stoopers Hill with the Pretty Oak Main are still causing concern. A safety audit check is being carried out by SSDC Highways. Meanwhile 2 chevrons have already been knocked down
b) Whiteway will be closed from 6th February for 2 weeks for water main replacement works.
81/16-17 CORRESPONDENCE -
A training/information session regarding the defibrillator will take place on Tuesday 28th February at 4pm in Combe School. Everyone welcome.
82/16-17 Police – Newsletter and Crime Plan for information
a) Quotes received from B.Powell & Sons for grass cutting The Green and The Lawns in 2017 @ £92 per cut, and D.L.O. for grass cutting at Combe Wood Field at £32.10 per cut. Both agreed.
b) Cheques received for the Allotments rent, and the Moormans rent.
c) Dispensation forms signed by all Councillors in order to discuss and decide figures for 2017-2018 precept. Figures circulated and discussed. It was resolved to increase the Precept by £750 for this year, (£16790 Precept + £210 Grant allocation = £17000)
The following payments were checked and agreed.
Mrs.A.Hunt – expenses £13.84
B.Powell & Sons (grass cutting The Green/The Lawns 2016 season) £1758.00
84/16-17 GENERAL MATTERS -
a) Information about forthcoming Moviola film nights given.
b) Information requested from SSDC re forthcoming `community litter pick` event
c) SSDC Christmas tree recycling quite well used in Parish and shredded trees now forming path in Underway Meade
d) It was suggested a tree be planted replacing the large cooper beech that was felled on The Lawns in celebration of the Queen’s 90th birthday in 2016
e) A Facebook `Village notice board` site has been set up by The Green Dragon